Community House is located in the old Town District of Silas. It was established in 2001. The house is one of the few remaining early 20th Century residences in the town. The front portion of the Community House, predating 1917, was an ice cream parlor. Silas community House is also available for rent for many functions-weddings and receptions, class reunions, family reunions, club meetings, anniversary parties, bridal showers, birthday parties and holiday gatherings. It is also a place to commemorate the veterans that served in the military.